Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bo$$ - "Recipe of a Hoe"

Bo$$ used to scare the shit outta me. Bo$$ was an unlikely name for a female rapper, but she had the goods. She had a hard voice, decent lyrics and really good beats. (This video has a little hiss, but you can get the idea of it. Also, I'm printing the dirty version of the lyrics, which are so much dirtier than the video version.)

Bo$$ knew how to get the funk out of the West Coast sound at the time, right before it all turned into phony g-funk garbage. The video is little more than Bo$$ running around in a Carhart jacket, skullcap and black Loc's in the ghetto with a sepia-toned spotlight on her. But the song is nice. I love the "ya, ya gotta, ya-ya ya gotta, ya gotta let a hoe be a hoe!" chorus and the smooth bassline. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

[Note: the embedding was removed on this video, but you can find it by clicking HERE.]



If yous a tramp 4ss n***a or no good n***a you get dissed quick!
But ain't no tellin ya know my personalities split
I could just gank you for
Your s**t without a warning
Or f**k it!
Shoot you now and get all this
S**t over with by the morning!
F**k yeah!
I'm feelin' on full too
S**t!
Another reason ya hoe cards pulled fool
I'm down with all this s**t you poppin'
Hell f**k Naw!
I don't wanna put a stoppin' to your hoe hoppin'
Cuz when ya' runnin the motha f**kin streets
In between the sheets every
Week screwin freak after freak
BO$$ is straight kickin' in the do' at ya crib
With enough time to kill a 40 O.Z. thats how I live!
Jackin' for cash and jewelry and all that s**t
Then off to the pawn shop to get another fat 4ss grip
And that's exactly how it is g!
On the real tip..tip...tip..
I know the f**kin' recipe!

4 comments:

'Don' Cialini said...

I never pegger you as a Bo$$ Fan. I never really got into her stuff. She was big when I was down in Dallas but as an East Coast Boy I guess I just didn't get it.

dj mentos said...

I believe she "came out" later as a college student who faked being a gangster.

Craig Belcher said...

"Deeper" was the jam. She lost her street cred when the truth about her past came out. I hearded she was banned from the industry because she was already signed to another label when she inked her deal with Def Jam.

Craig Belcher said...

hearded. Yeah, that's right.