Monday, July 17, 2006

Big L - "No Endz, No Skinz"

Okay, so this video is a little weak, especially considering what an awesome, catchy song it is. But I'm putting it out there for the God Toddy Scrills, since both he and I worship Big L in general, and this song in particular.

The song is peculiar in that Big L seems to lament the fact that you can't get a girl unless you have some cash, and it would be much less shallow to judge a guy based on his looks. Now, the late Mr. L was certainly no looker, but apparently he didn't have any cash either, and therefore had bad luck with women. This song comes from a different era, where it was okay to make fun of a woman for wanting to take all of a fella's money. You can't do that now, due to "political correctness" (thanks Hillary Clinton!), but curious that a girl can still oil herself up and shake her booty in any rap video today. Yikes.



I tell it how it is cause im a goldfigga
And I hate a money hungry girl a.k.a. golddigger
It ain't even funny
Some girls dont even know me askin me can they get some money
I'm lookin nuthin like ya poppa
I wouldnt give a chick 10 cent to put cheese on a Whopper
They wanna know why im so fly
A girl ask me for a ring and i put one around her whole eye
Chicks used to diss but now they wanna kiss
Yo Showbiz, I'ma break it down like this

2 comments:

'Don' Cialini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
'Don' Cialini said...

While I have never seen the video, and youtube isn't working here at work, I do have to say this song is classic. Back in the day I was not much of a Big L Fan, but always was down with this track. Once I picked up his first ablum, I changed my tune and became an L fan and this song just kept getting better and better in my mind. "I wouldn't give a chick 10 cents to put cheese on a whopper". Fuckin' classic.

*This replaces my original comment where I fucked up the lyric. I lost.*