Monday, July 24, 2006

Sadat X - "The Lump Lump"

What is more awesome than Sadat X? Trying to figure out what the f--k he's talking about. Don't get me wrong, I actually think Dotty-X was the best MC in all of Brand Nubian (and Lord Jamar was a very distant third) but I swear to the Big Man Upstairs I have no idea what he's talking about sometimes. He seems to have graduated to the Raekwon the Chef school of just throwing together a bunch of cool-sounding words and making them sound awesome.

I really am not quite sure what Sadat is trying to say here. He looks like he's trying to make a point about being faithful to your girlie-girl or that a bunch of dudes are trying to get with her, but I'm still really not sure. It's far to cerebral for me. But one thing from the video is for sure: Sadat X has sex with a lot of women. And the beat is pretty hot on this song.



Oh you got your own dough, from where I don't know
You hold degrees from two universities
Girl you're worth cheese in the nine-seis
Sadat owns apartment keys, is it Alize for Dolo
You got a mind on top of that spine plus the lump lump
Highly educated and highly motivated
Workin girl skirt tight love to hurt
What to exert, I break your next man's pocket
Smell of freak fragrant, unlike the vagrant
You can pay the rent always, and don't be gettin hallways
In the bed girlie and at work by nine
Put on the work force ridin on a iron horse
Bring it home to dad, the one piece cause I'm here
Workout baby doll and keep yo' career
No chiggedy, no diggedy, not you
Glad that I got you, when I did
Cause you was runnin wild with this out of style kid, no class
Light in the ass, white enough to pass
Shotproof glass for the midnight mass

No comments: