Monday, June 12, 2006

Channel Live - "Reprogram"

Channel Live was another one of those groups that never really made it big. They were kind of hot for a while, with their hit "Mad Izm" feating KRS-ONE. But I always preferred "Reprogram." It was harder and there is something about the video that really captures that time period. The black and white mixed with the color, the dreadlocks, the slums. Plus it has one of the sickest, dirtiest basslines in rap.




When I serve ya like Agassi, pure agony of terror
Try to catch the beam of light reflected in the mirror
Never basic sh*t is dope cause I laced it with the flow
Ignorance is a sin when in my cypher so you know
Infinite potential, residental is the ol'
Illtown, New Jersey if you heard me glock the bow
One two three BDP troops hard
Any questions I was blessed with lessons from God

1 comment:

'Don' Cialini said...

One of my favorite rap songs and a video that had been erased from my memory banks...until now. Well done my man. I always preferred this one to "Mad Ism" as well.