Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Onyx - "Throw Ya Gunz"

This song was creepy as hell when it came out back in 1992-93. That dungeon-like piano riff, along with the crazy bald guys throwing their arms wildly about. A guy licking an axe?

The album was called Bacdafucup, and although I can't count how many people from NYC told me that they were a bunch of wusses that got their asses kicked in high school, that album is solid. Some really great songs on there: "Slam," "Bichasniguz," "Atak of da Bal-Hedz," "Da Nex Niguz," and this one. They also spawned a couple of imitators (such as Hoodratz) that were like Demolition to their Road Warriors. (That is a pretty obscure 1980s pro wrestling reference right there, folks.)

Suave, Fredro Starr, Sticky Fingaz and Big D.S. were the four baldies, and Big D.S. was kicked out on the next album. (Didn't miss much there.) And Sticky is going to be playing the TV version of the comic/movie "Blade." What the...?



Just in the nick of time, I commit the perfect crime
Rip my heart, from my chest, put it right into a rhyme (YEAH!)
I don't feel pain cause it's all in the mind
And what's - mines is mines and, yours is mine
Don't f**kin blink or I'ma rob yo' 4ss blind
Onyx, is rippin s**t, I got the tech nine
So what the plumber got boy buck buck buck buck
It's like a catastrophe, f**kin with me G
I'm a bald head with a kinfe
I want your money or your life
So, so, so, so?

No comments: