Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Compton's Most Wanted - "Def Wish II"

The video quality on this one isn't so great, but the song still is. MC Eiht decides to make a song ripping DJ Quik (thinking Quik had insulted him in an earlier song), with that menacing Quincy Jones bassline and the hot drumbeat kicking in on the second verse. I used to love Eiht because he always said "yeah" like "jeeah."

This one does have the original, explicit lyrics, but the sound is good. I also love the Ray Liotta samples from GoodFellas ("You got out of line, you got whacked, everybody knew the rules"), which make the danger even that more imminent. It's a great West Coast record.



Peep - I'm puttin suckers to sleep
Ready to make a motherf**kin hit, jeah we rollin' too deep
You shouldn't've made that tape, but you pushed me
Eiht hates punk-ass perm wearin p***ies
Mmmm... you ready for round one? Here it come, fool
I got my d*ck in my hand, come and get some
Damn, i'm tired of fake motherf**kers gettin' pesos
Sorry-ass amigos screamin like b*tch hoes
If it wasn't for your happy-ass sound, prancin around
Nothin but a sorry-ass clown, stay the f*ck down
Punk you can't f*ck with this
Jeah, first step is your def wish

No comments: