Thursday, June 29, 2006

L. L. Cool J - "Big Ole Butt"

What is better than a girl's big ole booty? Almost nothing. That's why white boys like me rejoiced back in 1988 when L.L. released this ode to the rumpasaurus rex. So enthralled with the backside is Uncle L that he shows almost no loyalty to his current girlfriend. He will be dating a girl, and then when he finds another girl with an equally large posterior, he will leave the current girl for the new one. What's worse is that he had told the exes that he would be true.

The part of the song I am still confused about is why he is leaving the previous girl for the next girl, when all the girls featured in the videos have large behinds. It's not like he's saying, "Lisa got a bigger but than you." He's just saying that Lisa has a big ole butt. But if the previous girlfriend has a big old butt already, then why doesn't he just stick with the old one? He says nothing about falling in love with the new girl, or that they have a really special connection, or that they have the same interests. All he has to go by is the measurements of the new girl's keister.

Ironically, in real life L.L. was married at the time, and has been married to the same woman for about 20 years. I wonder how SHE felt about all this big ole butt business!



I went to Red Lobster for shrimp and steak
Around the time whe the waitress are on their lunch break
I pulled in the parkin' lot and parded my car
Somebody shouted out, "I don't care who you are"
I paid it no attention, I walked inside
Because Brian had a nine and he was chillin' in the ride
I walked in the place, everybody was lookin'
And shrimp and steak wasn't the only thing cookin'
I sat down to eat, ordered my food
I said to the waitress, "I don't men to be rude
But I'll take you on a platter"
She said, "You got a girl," I said, "It don't matter
You look like you're tastier than a pipin' hot pizza
What's your name?" She said, "My tag says Lisa"
I said, "O.K., you're smart and all that
But when you get off work, yo, I'll be back"
She looked at me and said, "Make yourself clear
L, where we going?" I said, "Right here"

1 comment:

'Don' Cialini said...

"Rumpasarus Rex" reference? Ya lost like me on the late bus kid.

Oh, and their Jingglin' Baby...