Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fu Schnickens - "La Schmoove"

Some like "Ring the Alarm," others prefer "True Fu-Schnick." But I always thought "La Schmoove" was the best single from the 1992 F.U.: Don't Take it Personal album. This one features Phife from A Tribe Called Quest.

Fu-Schnickens were an interesting group, though not very prolific. They had three MC's: Moc-Fu, Poc-Fu and Chip-Fu, none of which were Asian. Moc and Poc were solid rappers, neither that outstanding but decent. Chip was a freakshow, like Das EFX sped up. He never really said anything, but he had a backward technique he would use on some songs which was really quite remarkable. I mean, we all know that can't nobody rap faster than Daddy Freddy, but Chip-Fu came darn close.

But after this first album came out, they hired Shaquille O'Neal to co-star on their song "What's Up Doc? (Can We Rock?)" as Shaq-Fu. He later parlayed this limited set into a mediocre rap career of his own. Oh, and they released a greatest hits album after two albums, the second of which was a piece of crap. Still, this song is kinda cool.



'Leave it to Beaver'-arriva, derci, Heavens to mercy ba FU sayanora
adios muchachos dorme vous unbuckle my Fu-Schnick shoe
Mr., Chip Fu, about to wreck shop
With the Judo (CHOP!) a Judo (CHOP!) a Judo chop CHOP!
Yo, zilch kaput me nada none son, I don't think so, so take a look at
a Superfly big Jimmy the Honeynut Cheerio Bee
ba schnicker bah snchnucker
I ams what I ams that's all what I ams, My lyrics are never done
I'm the big John Elmer Glue the Elmer the Fudd, Al Bundy the Bud Light stud
Come like tongues lashes, with the quickness, Moc and Poc is, my witness
Ask the Kung about my tongue and the styles that I brung instead
I'm the Ali Babi cutty rankin shuba-dib-da-dabble
Jaw Boy Wonder Bread dread, BUM BA READ
These lyrics ah-come out of mi head, BUM BA READ
Mr. Chip Fu's gon stay' di-di, da-di-di, dra-dread
You said I couldn't rap, but I really wrecked shop
and I don't stop drop, I get props
I pick up the mic drop a style and pattern and fashion
and all MC's jaws drops down
My accent, you're mockin, my clothes, you're clockin
Rippin MC's to smithereens to their ribbidy-diddiby-Pippi Long-STOCKINGS
So don't step to Chip, I'm on the La Schmoove tip
You'll say "Drats I really failed again plus he sank my Babble-ship"
So oooh, s**t G, wa-wa or biscuit?
Rip it and be specific doin it terrific when I kicks it
Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, Pepe LePew, Pepe LePew
La Schmoove, yo I ain't got NUTTIN to prove!

1 comment:

OhsoKool said...

Chip-Fu + Polyrhythm Addicts LIVE TONIGHT!

OHSOKOOL NYC PRESENTS:
SUGATREATS: THE RADIO SHOW
MONDAY NIGHTS 8PM - 12AM (EST)
WHCR 90.3 FM RADIO - NY

TONIGHT:
CHIP FU - 10PM-11PM
POLYRHYTHM ADDICTS - 11PM-12AM

LISTEN LIVE @ 90.3 FM WHCR
LISTEN ON-LINE @ WHCR.ORG OR SUGATREATS.COM

ON AIR CALLS: 1-212-491-4685
IM: SUGATREATSNYC
DIRECT ON-LINE LINK: www.whcr.org/whcrstream.m3u