Monday, June 19, 2006

Fab 5 (Heltah Skeltah & O.G.C.) - "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka"

This was one of the hottest songs of 1995-96, with Rockness Monstah & Sean "Ruck" Price (from Heltah Skeltah) and Starang Wondah, Louisville Sluggah & Top Dawg (from Originoo Gun Clappaz) ripping it in succession with very few breaks in the song.

This song epitomizes everything that was fantastic about the Boot Camp Clik (the original one, not that bulls--t Mystikal group). They were all interchangeable, with different voices, but similar styles. They could easily write songs for one another and fall right in line with the rest of the group. They had so much potential to be THE underground rap crew (along with D.I.T.C.) in the mid-'90s. But like so many groups of the time, they went on to use far too much synth and ended up becoming like every other group.

Still, this track is about as hot as it gets from a decade ago. (A decade!)



I control the masses, wit metaphors thats massive
Don't ask if the n***a Ruckest bash s**t like Cassius
I'm drastic, when it comes to verbs I be flippin
Cuz herbs jus be s***tin off the words I be kickin
I scold you, double headed swords for the petty
but I told you, b***h n****s that Headz Aint Ready
Now I mold you, back to the b***h that you are
F***in' wit the Ruckest get bruised, battered and scarred

Guess who, punk chump, your brain jus blew
It's the Originoo Gun Clappa two
Rushin through, three on three you can't see we
Cuz we stay tight and not many n****s wanna fight
So sneak in where a n***a in the cipher of the camp
Jus got amped so I took em out for a dance
Bigga triggas fallin down
Like the bridges of London, but ain't too many n****s runnin

No comments: