Monday, June 12, 2006

Geto Boys - "My Mind is Playin Tricks on Me"

By popular demand...

Another great hip hop song from 1991. This one is a little more mainstream, but a great song nonetheless.

As my boy Mike C. pointed out, there is a great part where Willie D sort of peeps his head around a corner, in a scene that's supposed to probably be creepy but is funny because of it's low-budget nature. (It's 2:11 into the video and still makes me laugh.) Bushwick Bill really is creepy as hell though (even the cheesy part at 3:54 where he runs after a defenseless guy and punches him in the face and other people drop out of the trees to beat the crap outta the poor guy).


At night I can't sleep, I toss and turn
Candle sticks in the dark, visions of bodies bein burned
Four walls just starin at a nigga
I'm paranoid, sleepin with my finger on the trigger
My mother's always stressin I ain't livin right
But I ain't going out without a fight
See, everytime my eyes close
I start sweatin, and blood starts comin out my nose

No comments: